Tag Archives: women health

General Information On Female Hair Loss

In our current society there is really a general belief that hair loss only occurs to males. Females are often expected to have full hair through out their lives. Individuals feel that adult males are the only ones susceptible to hair thinning or balding, specifically if there is really a family background.

In respect to hair loss statistics, however this theory is untrue. A survey completed by the American Academy of Dermatology shows that at least 30 million females are facing hair decline issues from the United States. An additional study published by Dermatologic Surgeon says that a great deal of young and middle aged females are suffer from hair loss issues. Furthermore, the occurrence of female hair reduction is continuously increasing.

But what is causing hair loss in females? To better understand that, it is essential to know the hair growth cycle. According to scientist, our hair typically grows at the rate of half an inch a month. This growing phase which is known as Anagen, commonly lasts for two years but it can last as lengthy as six years. After this prolonged period of growth, the Catagen phase follows. During this transitional period the hair stops growing. Last but not least, Telogen occurs, which would be the final resting stage of your hair.. This stage lasts for about 5 to 6 weeks. Near the end of Telogen, new strands of hair from the Anagen phase develop and pushes out the old Telogen hair. Around 90 percent of our hair are in Anagen, whereas the remaining 10 % are in Telogen.

In those with a genetic predisposition to hair loss, hormones named androgens interfere with the regular hair development cycle. These androgens are located in men in big quantities and in females in smaller quantities. When testosterone, an androgen, comes in contact using the enzymes located in our hair, it is converted to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is an androgen that disturbs the hair growth cycle. Dihydrotestosterone promotes hair loss since its build-up causes hair follicles to shrink and eventually die. For a long time, scientists believed that this may be the cause of balding for both guys and ladies.

Nevertheless, more experts now feel that other kinds of enzymes and hormones are involved in female balding.The main reason to this new theory would be the distinction from the balding pattern between males and women. In females, balding begins at the top of the head and propagates out. While in males balding occurs from various spots for example the crown, sides, and back of the head. Moreover, it has been discovered that male hair reduction is usually the effect of family historical past. With females, hair loss can occur at any point of their lives.

Looking to find the best information on Causes of Hair Loss in Women, then visit www.causesofhairlossinwomen.net generic nolvadex to find the best advice on Women Hair Loss Treatment for you.

Comments { 0 }